I forgot to use my brain and made a rather poor decision.
This one had some nice stuff going on, but I am suddenly very sick of layering those toxic alkyd glazes, 20 or 30 glazes on each painting.
So in my new-found excitement about underpainting thickly and with limited colours, I decided to have a go at this one.
I think I could have used different colours to better effect, and maybe left some of that interesting subtlety of the glazing - but no, magenta and green it was, and covered the whole thing up in one fell swoop!
This is painfully bad:
Ok, yeah, I'll be able to make a good painting out of this eventually, but I think I just made it a lot harder for myself!