18 August 2015

a good day

This morning I felt a bit under the weather and not much like working, but nevertheless I added some colour layers to the little oil paintings, and felt happy at the end of the day.


the little oil paintings
before

the little oil paintings
after
I added white to some of them, blues and violets to others, a bit of yellow here and there, and a lovely muddy taupe to finish the day.


the little oil paintings

I also added some colour to these 12x12 oil paintings that have been languishing for over a year.  Sometimes it is very good to rework old things.


studio shelf
 studio shelfstudio shelf
And there is the shelf I built last month, for the coloured yarn.  I cut it into the wall between studs and used leftover scraps of wood for the shelves, and there's a canvas "curtain" that I can drop down over it.  This way the yarn shelf does not take up any wall space and I can still hang paintings on that portion of the wall.  I love efficient design.



6 comments:

Russell Mang said...

It was fun flipping back & forth between the 'before' & 'after' pics, to see what you had done. Photo #2/6 was fun, too because of the bobbin closet...those threads compete quite well w/your ptgs, colour wise!

Between the studs - those spaces always offer possibilities... In our ensuite bathroom, we have a pair of slit windows created in a similar manner. It gives us a LOT of natural light & because there was none of the framing normally required for windows, a cheap solution. (It was Tara's idea of course)

pdcrumbaker said...

Love to track your progress and see the changes. Also love the efficient use of space.

dc

Verna Vogel said...

Hi Russell,

Glad you enjoyed flipping back and forth. These paintings are evolving in tiny increments, mostly subtle changes.

What a great idea about slit windows! Yup, Tara is brilliant.

:)

Verna Vogel said...

Hi Dianne,

Nice to hear from you again!

Tracking my own progress is essential to keep myself on focussed. This blog serves as a sort of memory for me, and I'm glad other people enjoy it too.

:)
V

Lil BIT Blue said...

Just had to say I love the colours! Makes me want to get back to my own art. :)

Brenda

Verna Vogel said...

Hi Brenda,

Do it!! Making art is one of the most fun and relaxing ways to spend time - even a tiny amount of time will do, as the beneficial effects of art-making kick in after about 5 minutes!

:)
V