19 May 2019

Now, later, and again

Life has been feeling very busy but that is no excuse to not make blog posts!  I've been blogging for something like 12 years, and I have realized that I don't want this to peter out just yet.  Maybe not ever.  So here we go again...  :)


Happening now:

I've made a series of art cards using images from the "Archaea" book.
Been thinking of doing this for years, and hooray I finally did it!  *laughs*

Archaea art cards by verna vogel at Bluerock Gallery in Black Diamond, AB Archaea art cards by verna vogel at Bluerock Gallery in Black Diamond, AB

They are now available at Bluerock Gallery.

Archaea art cards by verna vogel at Bluerock Gallery in Black Diamond, AB
Displayed in a vertical column.  I like that.


Happening soon:

May 31 - June 2, 2019
Their biggest yearly fundraiser, which I am happy to participate in especially after my terrific experience of installing "just turn your head a little" in their main gallery in March.

Some of my paintings on 22x30 Arches w/c paper will be available:

Subterranean - paintings on Arches watercolour paper 22x30" verna vogelMeninx - paintings on Arches watercolour paper 22x30" verna vogelWhat They Saw Next - paintings on Arches watercolour paper 22x30" verna vogel
Subterranean - Meninx - What They Saw Next Is True

Autotroph - paintings on Arches watercolour paper 22x30" verna vogelInteguments - paintings on Arches watercolour paper 22x30" verna vogel
Autotroph - Integuments


And some of my (very small) "Seeds" paintings too:

Seeds - small paintings on masonite panel by verna vogelSeeds - small paintings on masonite panel by verna vogel

Seeds - small paintings on masonite panel by verna vogelSeeds - small paintings on masonite panel by verna vogel
These are on masonite panel, and will fit in your hand.

I will be in attendance on June 1-2, demonstrating some of my art-making processes.  Please drop by and say hello!

Have I mentioned how wonderful the The Leighton Art Centre is?  They are an education centre and make all their programs available to kids from all walks of life.  Some of the kids who access the LAC programs are inner-city poor and have rarely, if ever, spent a day out in the country.  While I was installing my work in March, a few school groups came through on tours, and I had such fun interacting with them.  

I cannot say enough good things about the LAC, and I hope lots and lots of people come buy to enjoy nature, music, and food, and purchase artworks!


Happening a bit later:

My artwork included in a book!
"Vistas of the West: Poems and Visuals of Nature"
published by Lorene Shyba.


This book will go on tour!

Confirmed exhibitions and readings:

Exhibition of art at Framed on Fifth in Calgary for the full month of August.
Readings at Sheep River Library, Turner Valley, September 8.
Readings at Audreys Books, Edmonton, September 14.
Readings at Whyte Museum, Banff, October 17.

A tour of art galleries, libraries, books stores and museums - what fun!
With more readings and viewings pending.


Until next time, dear Reader.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Wow, wow, wow. Good for you and beautiful work! Please keep blogging. I feel like we are soldiers of the word and image in an Instagram world. I love Instagram and Facebook too, but they are not the same.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Verna Vogel said...

Yes! Soldiers of the word & image - well said Barbara! I feel the same about fb and i-g.

Thank you for your compliments on my work. I must go over to your blog & send some love your way too! Have been reading your posts but not commenting... tsk tsk *laughs*

xoxoxo
V