14 January 2021

Fluctuations

Happy New Year!  The solstice has passed, and we continue to move toward the light.  While things may seem rather dark in the immediate environs, I am focussing on the light which I know will increase, because nothing ever doesn't change.


I am working on building a new website.  Very exciting, very good focus for 2021.
 
Someone else is doing the framework for me, and I have been going through years' worth of images, deciding what to load into my new site, and how to organize everything.  20+ years of very productive art-making: it's a lot of images!

Here are a few which hold a nice nostalgia for me.

My very first studio back in the 1990's.  I was so happy!

The indestructible fig tree.
This plant has been with me also 20+ years

Downtown Calgary studio, ca. 2008
where art sales took off, enabling me to paint full-time

examples of the work I was making at that time

beautiful tools of the trade


A new direction in its infancy


basement studio ca. 2012

beautiful tools of the trade

a studio must contain a living plant or two :)

trying for asymmetrical symmetry

beautiful tools of the trade

symmetry of a different sort

making rocks for an installation piece, ca. 2016

garage studio ca. 2017

yes, I love my brushes

direction of current work

"The Creative Brain"
An art-school-era response for the assignment: create an artist toolbox.
It continues to bubble away, lighting up both artist and studio with the joy of creation.


There are, of course, many, many more photos of studio, work in process, land arts, installation arts, residencies, arts education, exhibitions etc.  You can find some of them here on this blog which dates from 2006, if you scroll through the history in the sidebar.

Soon I will have a new blog embedded in my new website, but I'll leave this blogspot one up for the archives :)

Thanks as always, dear Reader, for your time.







 

4 comments:

theo said...

Wonderful stuff, great memories I am sure, Verna!

vernavogel said...

Thank you Theo, yes indeed. It's good to have a record of my art-making history :)

Barbara Muir said...

I hope you link us to your new blog. I think I've been following your blog since
2008. Love your work. Good for you having such a positive creative spirit.

Happy New Year! (Yes it still is.)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Verna Vogel said...

Thank you Barbara! Yes, I think it has been that long, wow!! So glad to have known you a bit over all these years.
Of course I will link this blog to the new one. I will make a blog post about it when all is up and running, and include a link on the blog in my site :)

Happy New Year! Yes, it is!!

xoxoxo
V