18 March 2010

an ongoing chaos

Feels like too much on the go!
I put nails in the beams to hang works, they need light for the oil to cure properly... what am I doing? There are 21 paintings in various states of completion all over the studio. This is crazy.
But I am preparing to have a solo show - yippee!! - so I need to produce the work, and the work needs to cure before I can varnish it for the show.

Ah, I am overwhelmed lately.
We bought a house and have been renovating for the last few months. Feels like we've been camping for months on end. My head is busy, busy, I can't sleep. At this moment the house is an albatross but soon it will emerge a swan! However, living in the present as I do it's hard to see past the albatross sometimes.

Yesterday I went into the studio very early and worked on flower paintings. How nice. No pressure with those. Met a friend for lunch. Ran some errands. Went back to our albatross and continued with the slow process of transformation. Took some photos at various times of the day.

looking west and east down the alley behind the studio, 7:45am





just around the corner from the bus stop, 3:30pm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Albatross, ugly duckling, fermenting fruit...in the end they all turn into something wonderful...swans and wine..you're pick. WOOT WOOT! Congrats on purchasing a home. Can't wait for pictures.

Uhm yeah you have LOTS going on in the studio but all of that is pure magic V. I like that orange and yellow one on the floor from what my eyes can spy.

YIPEEE! SOLO SHOW! AWESOMES! When is this solo show?

v said...

thanks C

lately I think I's rather have a bottle of wine than a house. haha, make that a case of wine...

the show's in february 2011 - yeah, long time from now, but the paintings average about 5 months to make and then they have to cure for 2-3 months before I can varnish them, and I will need to send them to the gallery in November.

the gallery is in Vancouver - see link in sidebar.
:)