11 June 2018

print this

printmaking prep, acrylic medium on mdf

Above: Drawing with acrylic molding paste on 3  pieces of leftover MDF.  Maybe I'll try making a print off them all together like this.

Below: Two paintings from 2015, reworked last week.  I think for the better :)

BREATHE acrylic painting 65x34 inches
BREATHE - 65x34 in.

vernavogel reworked paintings PULSE acrylic on stitched canvas 65x35 inches 2018
PULSE - 65x35 in.

The last 4-5 weeks have contained several friend & family's health & life upheavals, an intense spate of teaching work, me getting laryngitis - and my studio was sidelined a bit in the midst of it all.

So it felt really good to get in there and tidy things up, take stock, let my mind wander through some possibilities.  Even small pockets of creative time can bring some soothing calm into life.

No comments: