31 July 2017

The Process: JC x 2

Yesterday Jen Cloutier came to visit my studio and interview me for a project she has been working on, documenting the lives and studio practices of artists in Cuba and Canada.  It's called "The Process"; you can read about it here.  

Near the end of our visit, she graciously sat for not one but two quick portraits, lucky me!

Jen Cloutier: flanneur, curator of Vivant! and author of The Process
Sharpie marker and gouache in the green portrait book

Jen Cloutier: flanneur, curator of Vivant! and author of The Process
China marker and gouache in the green portrait book

Beautiful bee wing shadows.  Part of the process is observing nature.

As I was photographing those portraits this morning, I noticed a bee sitting very still on the deck.  Aren't the shadows of its wings just beautiful?  The flower shadows too.

the process of colour
Sometimes I write in my sketchbooks

The process of making a painting: work in progress, sheer colour layers
Sometimes I paint in my studio

The Process; observing nature makes my eyes happy
And sometimes I am in the right place at the right time to notice something beautiful.

2 comments:

pdcrumbaker said...

What a lovely and satisfying post.
dc

Verna Vogel said...

:) Thank you dc. I hope you are well and enjoying life too!