14 November 2009

dum-de-dum

A happy and productive studio day today.

The little 8x10's are progressing. The first colour layer took about a week to dry, not as long as I thought it would take. Still painting with no mediums at all, just pure paint brushed out to create the effects. I am liking this technique quite a lot.



Now I wait another week or so, assuming these colours will dry at a similar rate to the first layer.


And a couple of the big pieces in progress... finally I can see them! It always seems to take so long from beginning to end; sometimes it feels like I am painting with blinders on my eyes for that long middle stretch.

underpainting:


up to here:




underpainting:


up to here:

Wheeee!!

1 comment:

neilyoung said...

wow. i just saw your work on Terence Robert and googled you. love it!