28 July 2011

continuuum

A productive week in the studio! We are going on vacation very soon, and I've been happily working away knowing that a break is coming.


Earlier I had thought this one was finished - but this week I worked on it a bit more:

before
after

Hmmm ... not sure if I like these changes!



Another one of this type finished. Very minimal working in the raw canvas areas. I really like it:

Horizons
mixed media on canvas
61w x 34.5h



Yesterday I stitched, stretched and began painting another photo-based work:





32.5w x 31.5h



Last task of the day is to pull out the oil paint & alkyd medium, don vapour-barrier mask & gloves, and do another glaze on the commission:

Glazed cobalt violet + white.
Next the sky will need more lights, and some hot orange-yellows glazed over the lower areas.

Then I quickly leave the studio! Next morning the fumes are almost entirely gone. I can do a glaze every second day - the plan is to finish by the end of August.

No comments: