02 June 2012

goings on and more goings on

Went out for open air painting with my friend and when we were almost at our destination I realized I forgot my brushes!  My friend works with water media and doesn't carry oil brushes... so I borrowed a pencil, a piece of conte and a water brush:

Alberta landscape #28
graphite and conte on canvas
10 x 10"



Thinking this next one is finished.  It has been hanging around my peripheral vision in the studio and doesn't seem to want any more work:


Night Light
acrylic on stitched canvas
62w x 32h



A new triptych stitched and stretched.  I really like the texture made with bits of burlap.  They measure 31 x 32" each:


And here, gesso'd.  The plan is to paint them in a similar style as the Drift And Settle:





An old diptych which I am reworking.  Not sure how to resolve these, but I'll just keep plugging away at them and eventually something will emerge:




Idea sketch very quickly drawn on the studio wall:


Canvas interpretation:


I used a piece of canvas that had been stapled onto my work table.  While it was on my table I painted on it, gesso'd other canvases on it, drew lines on it to mark sizes for canvases I was stitching, et cetera.  I really like the spattered and random look of this.

Now there is another piece of canvas stapled to my work table, destined for the same use sometime in the future.

No comments: