12 August 2015

almost

meninx

I've almost finished the stitching part for this series: 23 out of 24 are done.  I had only 3 stretcher frames left; more coming in at the end of the month, so I'll have to wait to stretch and finish these.

Playing with some colour combinations for the last one:

meninx

While waiting for the stretchers to arrive, I will add layers to the oil paintings and get started on some more acrylic paintings, probably larger pieces after all this small stuff.

It's too hot for any philosophical ramblings today, so I will leave it at that.

Until next time,
:)

3 comments:

Russell Mang said...

The first word to come to mind when i pulled up the group photo was "vibrato". I had to look it up to make sure i had it right and, yep. Vibrato.

Verna Vogel said...

Vibrato. I had to look it up too. Thank you for an excellent word, Russell!

Now I have a conundrum: those edge colours are vastly reduced by stretching the canvases, so the pieces look actually very different when finished. And I like them less when finished.... I will have to find a way to work that out.

:)
V

Barbara Muir said...

Love what you are doing. It's almost too hot for art, but the cold night breezes are starting and the birds are planning for winter.

Wonderful work.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara