05 June 2019

Work in progress (1)

Working on this large painting yesterday and today:

verna vogel studio, Mobile No. 14, acrylic painting colourful original artwork
drawn out and a bit of colour added

The process has got to feeling almost the same as working in my sketchbooks... a similar immediacy, although, of course, taking a bit longer to paint a large canvas than a wee page in a book.

verna vogel studio, Mobile No. 14, acrylic painting colourful original artwork
background colour: everything left on my palette plus white

I worked until late last night, and was straight away this morning back at it.  My appreciation and love for my job is at a high point lately.

verna vogel studio, Mobile No. 14, acrylic painting colourful original artwork
with a bit of darker patterning

This painting measures 31.5 x 62 inches, and I'm still composing them with my eyes closed.  Amazingly, this has not gotten boring yet.  At least, not for me ;-)

verna vogel studio, Mobile No. 14, acrylic painting colourful original artwork
and then a bit more colour added

I'd say this is likely quite close to being finished.  It needs to sit awhile before the final bits.  Therefore I've just begun another, and had lunch while making this blog post, and now off I go back to the studio.

Bon voyage!


2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous. I love watching the progress and the excitement you
feel for the work is totally catching. How lovely.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Verna Vogel said...

Thank you Barbara! I love reading your blog, too. You are a very inspiring person!